Terms and Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions under which you book and travel on any Fantasea Cruises and Yellow Water Taxi product we sell you. You are bound by these Terms and Conditions, so it is important that you read them carefully.
In these conditions
- In these conditions for your convenience, we have an online booking system available on our website www.yellowwatertaxis.com.au / www.fantaseawatertaxis.com.au. You may also make bookings by phone 02 9299 0199 (direct), 1800 326 822 or through an agent (indirect).
- Certain laws such as the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and any applicable state based consumer legislation (from here known as ‘consumer laws’) are in place for your protection. They are designed to ensure our services are provided with due care and skill and are reasonably fit for your travel needs. These Terms and Conditions do not alter any protection given to you by consumer laws.
- ‘Passenger’, ‘You’, ‘Your’ means any person or persons booked for travel or travelling on our vessel.
- Any reference to ‘Riverside Marine’, ‘Fantasea Cruising’, ‘Fantasea Cruises’,’Yellow Water Taxis’, ‘Fantasea Water Taxis’,‘We’, ‘Our’, ‘Us’ means Riverside Marine NSW Pty Ltd ABN 28 001 868 113.
Bookings & Tickets
- All persons travelling on the Vessel must be issued with a ticket for the voyage unless that person is a member of a group who has chartered the vessel.
- Children’s fares are infants aged zero to four (0-4) and children aged five (5) to fifteen (15) inclusive. However, not all vessels or tours are suitable for children. Age restrictions may apply.
- All bookings not made directly with us should be confirmed with our office the day before departure.
- All prices are stated in Australian Dollars and includes GST
- Bookings outside of our normal operating hours are subject to incur surcharges of $15.00 for every 15 minutes past 10:00 pm or prior to 8:00 am.
- Bookings outside our operating hours of 8.00 am to 10.00 pm are subject to skipper availability.
- All bookings must be paid in full 24 hours prior to departure.
- Credit cards will be charged 10 % from the booking total to secure the booking.
- Outstanding cost of booking will be charged 24 hours ahead of the booking time.
- For large vessel booking (35 seats and above) Credit Cards incur a surcharge. All American Express and Diners Cards have a service fee of 3%. MasterCard and Visa are nil.
- A credit card number must be provided for all bookings to secure a boat, even if the preferred method of payment is cash on board.
- A cash payment can be made to the skipper on the day of travel. Nonetheless, a credit card must be provided at the time of pre-booking to secure the boat. A debit of 10% will be made on the card to ensure correct details and will be refunded after the transfer
- On all cash on board payments, if passengers have not cancelled yet fail to present themselves at the booked time and location, we will debit 100% of the fare from the nominated card
- After you make your booking, either directly or indirectly through an agent, please check your booking confirmation and invoice to make sure all your details are correct. This invoice is your ticket which entitles you to board our vessel and is only valid for the named ticket holder and (where applicable) the vehicle referred to for the voyage for which it is issued.
- In the case where an error has been made in your booking, please contact us to have your details amended. While we understand that errors may occur from time to time, we have discretion as to whether or not any additional fees will apply for changes to your booking subject to the ‘Cancellation and Refunds’ section below.
Cancellations & Refunds
Although we would love to have you on-board, we understand that plans can change. Should you change your travel date, we ask that you notify us or your agent immediately. The refunds or cancellation charges payable will depend on the amount of notice you give us:
No show No refunds
Less than 24 hours 50% of full fare
2 – 7 days 25% of full fare
8 – 14 days 10% of full fare
More than 14 days No Cancellation Charges
*(Excludes special events and New Years)
- No refunds for special event cruises. Including but not limited to Australia Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Eve.
- No cancellation fee applies if we cancel your booking for any reason. You make seek a refund from the original place of purchase or a credit note can be made with us towards another trip within 12 months of original date of travel. If you made your booking through an agent, please refer to the agent’s terms and conditions.
Changing Product Offering, Prices & Services
- While we do our best to provide you with ongoing and consistent services, circumstances may change from time to time. In the interests of passenger safety, travel or weather conditions, economic conditions or otherwise, we reserve the right to:
- arranging alternative vessels,
- make changes to itineraries and service timetables
- Any changes will be notified in advance, and is not limited to the following methods:
- Announcement on our website
- SMS text message
- A public notice
- We reserve the right to:
- Substitute any other vessel other than the one designated for the cruise (including a vessel not owned by the company) provided that the substituted vessel is of a similar type and includes similar facilities to the vessel named in the cruise;
- To cancel or abandon the cruise either before or during the cruise, if the Company or Master of the vessel considers in their sole and absolute discretion that the cancellation of the cruise is necessary for reasons of weather or in the interest of the safety and well-being of the vessel, its passengers and crew and the Company will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred by the Passenger caused by such substitution or cancellation.
Master of the Vessel
- The vessel used to provide you with Water Taxi services are under our absolute control. The direction and control of the vessel and its crew is at all times the sole responsibility of the Master of the vessel.
- The Master of the vessel has the sole and absolute discretion to vary the scheduled route or destination of the cruise if for any reason the Master of the vessel considers it necessary for the safety and welfare of the vessel, its passengers and crew.
- By boarding our vessel, you agree to comply with all reasonable requests made by us and/or the Master of the vessel.
- The master of the vessel has the right to refuse entry for any passengers for any reason. Not compensation will be given.
General Conduct & On-board Expectations
- We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all passengers, crew, and other personnel on board our vessel. All passengers must comply with these terms and conditions and obey any reasonable request of the Master of the vessel and any member of the crew.
- Offensive behaviour will not be accepted. This includes conduct that is a nuisance, dangerous activity or offensive in any way that interrupts the enjoyment of the experience for other people. If a passenger behaves in a way that negatively impacts others, we will undertake the following actions:
- Take all reasonable actions to remove the offending passenger from our vessel at their expense.
- Notify the relevant authorities to receive the offending passenger onshore and dealt with according
- Record the offending passenger’s details on our Incident Register.
Smoking, Alcohol & Illegal substances
- Smoking is not permitted aboard the vessel.
- Passengers must not bring any illegal substances onto the vessel.
- Fantasea Cruising Management and staff adhere to the laws governing the Responsible Service of Alcohol. Alcohol will not be served to any passenger under the age of 18. Bar staff may request identification for proof of age. Service of alcohol will be refused if the passenger fails to provide identification as requested.
- Bar staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol. Service of alcohol will be refused to any passenger who, in the opinion of the bar staff, is intoxicate.
- It is in the discretion of the bar staff/crew/Master of the vessel to refuse alcohol to any passenger for any reason.
- Alcohol will only be served in accordance with the times specified on our on premise liquor licence for the vessel.
Liability for loss or damage to property and personal injury
- All personal belongings will be your own responsibility. Where consumer laws and other laws permits us to exclude our liability, we will not be liable for:
- Loss of, or damage to, any luggage, property or other belongings
- Sickness, injury or death during embarkation and/or disembarkation to or from the vessel and/or at all times whilst on-board the vessel itself, unless caused by wilful misconduct or reckless disregard by Riverside Marine. The passenger releases Riverside Marine, its crew and personnel from any claim and liability incurred.
- If in the unlikely event that the incident which caused the loss or damage was during the course of travel within our carriage and was due to our negligence, you will be responsible to prove that your loss or damage to property was the fault of our Company or its personnel.
- Where an agent on behalf of Fantasea Cruising enters a sale, booking or any other transaction then that agent shall indemnify Fantasea Cruising for any loss, damage or expense incurred by Fantasea Cruiing as a result of any misrepresentation, breach of contract or act of negligence by the agent.
Waiting charge commences after 10 minutes of pre-booked time @ $3.30 per minute / per water taxi. If passengers have not cancelled or fail to show at the booked time or location the water taxi can only wait up to 15 minutes, they will be charged 100% of the quoted fare.
- – ONLINE QUOTATION CALCULATOR – SPECIAL EVENT DAYS/PUBLIC HOLIDAYS/EARLY OR LATE BOOKINGS: The Online Quotation does not apply for Public Holidays or Special Event Days. Such as but not limited to, New Years Eve, Boxing Day, Australia Day, etc unless specifically stated. This also applies for Bookings outside our regular trading hours of 8:00am to 10:00pm, we may still operate but additional fees apply. For an accurate quotation please contact our office on 1800 326 822.
* Conditions apply